Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The One with the 30 Days of Movies Challenge: Part 12

Day 12: A movie you hate.
Avatar (James Cameron, 2009)

Whenever I get asked this question, this is the answer and probably always will be. I feel very passionate about this movie - in the most negative way possible. I just...I don't understand how people could love it. Yes, it's visually stunning and that's all it has going for it. The writing is horrible, the concept is too strange to even agree with and it's TOO LONG. Why though? It's ridiculously long for an under average movie! That last fight scene which is extremely repetitive is about half an hour overlong. Ridiculous. And it won best drama picture at the Golden Globes. I mean, really. Though it is the Golden Globes, what do you expect? Well, I'm just horrified that there will be sequels. What a joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment