Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The One with the 30 Days of Movies Challenge: Part 14

Day 14: A movie no one expected you to love
The Hurt Locker (Kathryn Bigelow, 2008)

Hm, I wasn't too sure about this question since everybody who knows me knows that I love all types of movies, therefore wouldn't be surprised about anything I love. However, I've never really loved war movies, so that could be a possibility. I don't know about anybody I know, but I, myself, never expected to love this movie as much as I did, especially the last scene. Wow. I couldn't get that out of my head for days. I love great endings, so maybe that was the defining moment when I realised that I loved this movie. And Jeremy Renner is so amazing in this, as he is in everything. I was a little bitter about this winning Best Picture because I wanted Inglourious Basterds to win, but now that I've seen it, I can accept it. Even if I don't completely agree :) But yes, this is an amazing movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment